House Detectives, Inc.
PO Box 357 Kalispell, MT 59903
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY REGARDING RADON TESTING
House Detectives, Inc. cannot guarantee the necessary conditions were maintained during the test period. There can be uncertainty with any radon measurement due to statistical variations and other factors such as changes in the weather and operation of the dwelling. While House Detectives, Inc. and our agents make every effort to maintain the highest possible quality control and include verification in our procedures, we make NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, for the consequences of erroneous test results. House Detectives, Inc. nor its employees or agents shall be liable under any claim, charge or demand, whether in contract, or otherwise, for any and all loss, cost, charge, claim, demand, fee, or expense of any nature or kind arising out of, connected with, resulting from, or sustained as a result of any radon test.
RADON INSPECTION DECLARATION OF VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE
As the responsible party for the test location listed below, I hereby acknowledge receipt of the EPA’s Citizens Guide to Radon. I further understand that potential purchasers and/or lenders may make important decisions pending the outcome of this test. In addition:
(1) I agree to keep this house closed (except for normal entry and exit) for a minimum of 12 hours prior to the start of the test. If this condition is not met, the test shall be extended a minimum of 12 hours under closed house conditions.
(2) I agree to keep all doors and windows closed during the entire test period except for normal entry and exit.
(3) I will not knowingly alter the test environment in any way including, but not limited to, raising or lowering the thermostat(s) or changing HVAC fan controls.
(4) I will not tamper with, remove, or change the location of the test device(s).
(5) I will report any circumstances that occur during the test that may influence the final results.
(6) If I have any questions about the test I will contact the testing firm immediately.
(7) I have read, understand, and agree to the “Limits of Liability Regarding Radon Testing”, and the “Radon Inspection Declaration of Voluntary Compliance”.
Occupant or Responsible Party